My passion for filmmaking lies in the process
- The process of uncovering a story that needs to be told.
- The process of collaborating with the relevant content wizards and mining image archives for visual gems.
- The process of pushing my team of DPs, editors, and animators to create a film that is innovative and enriching.
I spent a decade working at Cortina Productions, a cutting-edge multimedia production company. As Senior Producer, I wrote, directed, and produced video and interactive content for more than a dozen cultural institutions around the country.
As staff Senior Producer at the Newseum, I created short films for the “Reporting Vietnam” and “40 Chances” temporary exhibitions, and developed concepts for films and interactive presentations in the “Inside the New FBI” permanent exhibition.
AS A FREELANCE PRODUCER, I LOVE HELPING CLIENTS FIND NEW WAYS TO TELL THEIR STORIES.
this is what i've been up to recently:
- Producing and Art Directing "Artists Unite," the Newseum's Big Screen theater presentation about the history of charity rock concerts.
- Collaborating with Noisy Neighbor TV to co-write and co-produce a white board animation for HHMI's Janelia Research Campus.
- Creating "Empowered: Changing the World Through Bright Ideas," a digital series for National Geographic Studios that highlighted six remarkable renewable energy innovators.
- Producing a short film for the Musical Crossroads Gallery in the new Smithsonian Museum, the National Museum of African American History & Culture.